Artifacts were objects of extreme power that allowed a user to enact immense feats of strength and control of the fabric of Reality itself. These objects played a pivotal role in the Second Great Magic War and were used by a member of the Legendary Six.
The Artifacts were originally specially designed Phenomena Rewriting Staves (PRS) designed by Lily Ye for the purpose of giving each head-of-state control over the Mages in their domain; however, they were quickly misused and became tools of destruction, leading to the creation of The Kingslayer's Orb, which allowed the user to absorb and assimilate other artifacts.
Known Artifacts and Usage
Although the exact number of Artifacts was disputed, it was widely accepted that there was at least seven Artifacts in existence, but not all were uncovered.
- The Kingslayer's Orb: The Kingslayer's Orb was created by Lily Ye as a failsafe for the other Artifacts. It had the ability to negate the usage of Mana around the user so long as they could also utilize the same type of Mana. Despite this, its main purpose was to absorb and assimilate the other Artifacts, gaining their powers in tandem.
- The King's Cross: The King's Cross was given to the King of Central and had the primary ability of creating an impenetrable barrier and subjugating the will of those around the user. It was eventually absorbed and assimilated by Kasai Masato.
- The Prince's Magatama: The Prince's Magatama allowed the user to command White Mana, which was previously only able to be manipulated by Lily Ye's PRS, Merlin. This subsequently gave its user the ability to wield all the elements as well. It was eventually absorbed and assimilated by Kasai Masato.
- The Ruler's Watch: The Ruler's Watch allowed the user to stop time for a maximum of ten seconds while the user was unaffected. The one glaring weakness of this Artifact was that it failed to affect those who could use Yin-Yang Mana. It was eventually absorbed and assimilated by Kasai Masato.
- The King's Decree: The King's Decree allowed the user to instantly dominate, negate, control, or absorb the Magic of another Mage without any repercussions. It was eventually absorbed and assimilated by Kasai Masato.